Thanksgiving Day Family Session
As some of you know, I have been gluten free for almost 4 years now. I have always had stomach pains ( literally since I can remember ) and when I went to college those pains became unbearable. As most of you know, when you go to college you eat carbs, carbs, oh and more carbs. Because of this my pain grew and I knew it was time to figure out why.
I went to my doctor and the first thing they checked for was celiac. They found that while I did not have celiac, I did have a gluten sensitivity and they suggested I cut it out completely. For those of you that are gluten free, you know that four years ago eating this way was not as nearly as yummy as it can be now. I thought I would share some of my favorite go-to places for food here in CLT. I hope you enjoy!
1. Carrabba's :
- While Carrabba's is a chain ( yes I am eating corporate America ha ) it has easily become of my favorite places to get some great gluten free food! My go-to meal is Chicken Marsala with a side of GF pasta covered in Alfredo Sauce and a side salad with the house dressing!
2. Roosters Wood-Fired Kitchen:
- Roosters is an amazing local chain and in their words "source the finest our region has to offer, but also push the boundaries by working in concert with our growers to cultivate specialty crops and heirloom varieties exclusively for our restaurants." This is my absolute favorite restaurant in Charlotte to be honest. My go-to meal is the "iceburg, house bacon, pickled red onion, tomatoes, roquefort" salad and the "roasted joyce farms chicken natural".
3. Bad Daddy's Burger Bar:
- They have some great gluten free options that I promise you will LOVE! From burgers to salads to gluten free buns, here you cannot go wrong. My go-to meal is a Build Your Own Chicken Sandwich with a GF Bun and lettuce, tomato and mayo along with a bag of chips!
4. Jersey Mike's Subs:
- Again while this is not a local place, I had to mention it because it is my all time favorite go-to now for any meal. Jersey Mike's has always had Sub in a Tub but recently started using Udi's Gluten Free Sub Rolls and for all you gluten free people you know how amazing that is! My go-to is the number 7 ( turkey with provolone ) Mike's way with a bag of lays chips and a water!
5. Melt in Your Mouth Cupcakes ( CLT )
- This is by far my favorite place to get any gluten free cake or cupcake. Mark and I actually used this place to get our wedding cake and it could not have been any more delicious. They have a gluten free cupcake flavor of the day every day they are open, but you have to get in early or they run out! This is a must for birthdays or celebrations!
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to my page and see what me and my work is all about. I wanted to come on here and introduce myself and also say that I am so thankful for the opportunity to work with so many amazing people. I have been given so many amazing blessings and the people who have poured into me, loved me and propelled me forward are too many to thank. I would love to just let you know a little about myself. So here are a few cool facts!
I AM MARRIED TO THE COOLEST GUY AROUND!
No but really I am. We started dating when we were 16 and got married in college. He is the most creative, funny, godly human I have ever known. He works hard and loves small dogs. He has the humor of a 6th grader and while it can be annoying, it's also pretty darn great for me.
I AM A MUSICIAN
Most people know this about me if they have known me longer than 5 minutes. I love music of all kinds ( expect country but thats not real music, ha! ) I love to sing and play piano. I actually went to school for music and graduated with a primary in voice and secondary in piano. If anyone ever wants to make some music, feel free to reach out!
I AM OBSESSED WITH TRAVELING
Growing up, my parents would take my brother and I to so many places on our summer vacation. I knew some families that always went to the same place (and I think there are some perks to that), but man, being able to see so many places around the U.S. is better in my opinion. I am located in North Carolina, so currently my weekend obsession is Charleston, SC. I'm actually going to be doing a travel blog soon and can't wait to share all my tips and favorite places!
I AM GOING TO BE BLOGGING
I have been thinking a lot lately about how I want to keep growing creatively and how I want to keep connecting with people and I think for me, blogging is the next step. My blog is going to be not categorized by fashion, beauty, or travel but by all of it in the umbrella of "lifestyle". I hope you guys will follow along!
I had so much fun shooting this sweet couples engagement session! Before this session I already knew the bride, she is my sister in law's sister! I did not know the groom but quickly came to love the two of them together. The entire time we were together he made her laugh and I just could not get over how cute they were! I simply cannot wait for their November wedding :)
Congrats Stephanie and Caleb!
My absolute favorite place in the world is NYC. You cannot compete with its passion, history, comfort and excitement. I remember going to the City for the first time when I was about 12. I can remember landing on the plane and thinking " This is the biggest, scariest most amazing place I have ever seen!". It almost felt like this big grand dream.
As I've gotten older I have grown to love it more and more. My husband and I take trips as often as possible. ( I speak it into existence, we WILL live there someday ) This summer my parents along with my husband and myself went on Vacation where we spent a few days in NYC. Let me tell you, this was so surreal. Getting to experience my favorite place with some of my favorite people in this stage of life was so fun. NYC we love you and we will see you again soon... xoxoxo